El Paso
66° F
Clear
Clear

Water heater explosion forces family out of their home

By Staff Report
Published On: Apr 22 2013 07:23:36 AM CDT
Updated On: Jan 15 2014 07:12:42 PM CST
EL PASO, Texas -

A family of four was forced out of their Lower Valley home after their water heater exploded late Sunday night.

The incident happened on the 8500 block of Tigris just before midnight. The family was awakened by a loud explosion. Fire crews quickly put out the blaze.

An investigation revealed that a fuel leak from a motorcycle parked in the garage was ignited by a nearby water heater pilot light.

Fire officials urge the public to make sure your vehicles are properly checked for leaks, especially if they are parked in a garage.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus