El Paso
67° F

Report: Mistaken fathers have one year to challenge paternity in Texas

Published On: Aug 09 2012 11:46:37 AM CDT   Updated On: Feb 10 2014 07:06:41 PM CST

Men can legally challenge the paternity on the grounds of fraud, mistake or misrepresentation following the 2011 amendment to Chapter 161 of the Texas Family Code, according to an article in the Fort Bliss Monitor.

The new law enables a man who has previously been named as the biological father of a child in a court order or has signed an acknowledgment of paternity to challenge his paternity by filing a petition in court to terminate his parental rights after later discovering the fraud.

Read the full article here.

Find out more information about Texas paternity fraud law, or if you believe you have been the victim of paternity fraud, schedule an appointment with an attorney at the Fort Bliss Legal Assistance Office by calling 568-7141 or 744-3820.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus