Name: Dean "Dino" Martinez
Office you are seeking: El Paso Mayor
1) My number one campaign focus is to instill transparency in favor of the people of El Paso in city government. Redefining government responsibility and policies is my main focus for our voters; this to help ensure the people of El Paso know what is being done and understands what they are getting. So much frustration about previous mayors have plagued and worried the people of El Paso and a good example of that is the El Paso Baseball Stadium.
2) I’m a United States Veteran who served to our nations call and continuously served the government for 28 years. I’ve come out of my retirement to serve our city as I did with the Department of Defense (DoD) and to give my dedication and service as a servant to my constituents.
3) I have 28 years of supporting our nation through White Sands Missile Range and military duty, quality of service that’s undeniable and honorable with integrity in becoming a representative to our country based on my history career.
4) The ordinance I would like to change would be 7.08.050 and 7.08.060 otherwise known as standards for animal care and city owned animals. Rather than revoke the two, I would like revise it to accommodate additional amounts of attention, care, and accommodation for animals that meets more contemporary means of proper nurture and care-taking of animals. Being a dog owner, I would like the city to meet higher standards of care for our animals in ways that we can unanimously agree upon.
5) Beyond a shadow of a doubt I would have to say entering and serving the United States Army. It’s taught me discipline, character, sacrifice, courage, honor, faith, respect and an excellent understanding of our country and how to excel to outstanding performance. Living up to a challenge and fighting for your life, I’ve been given strength and full confidence on defeating our nation’s threats when called to duty. I would be inclined to profess this experience has changed me into the honorable man I am today proudly desiring to serve as the voice of the people, vox populi.
6) Our college education starting from the El Paso Community College through University of Texas at El Paso, and other colleges including our high school districts like Ysleta and Socorro, but we still need to elevate and improve our education in EPISD so that it’s on par with the other districts. Our Police Department, Fire Department, and EMS are continuous and outstanding departments of service and I would like to keep it continuously excelling in its affect in our city as a role model law enforcement and emergency department for other cities in Texas.
7) Constant hard working transparency, role-model and a mentor constantly active as a leader in both my career, family, and public service including my church duties to the needs of others.