Construction to close eastbound lanes on portion of Montwood for months
Updated On: Feb 07 2013 03:52:31 PM CST
The City of El Paso is advising the public that the eastbound lanes of Montwood Dr. from McRae Blvd. to Wedgewood Dr. will be closed to traffic over the next several months.
The lane closures are part of the Montwood Street and Drainage Improvement Project that started in January and is expected to be finished in January 2015.
To minimize the impact to traffic while advancing reconstruction activities, work will proceed on one half of the street at a time and the turn lanes will be reduced to one lane each direction.
- The westbound lanes along these street limits will remain open to traffic at this stage
- Access to driveways will be maintained
- The appropriate traffic control measures and detours will be installed throughout this timeframe
The project consists of substantial improvements along Montwood Dr. from McRae Blvd. to Zanzibar Dr. to include the following:
- New concrete roadway pavement
- New ADA compliant sidewalks, curb and gutter and driveways
- Installation of a storm sewer system
- Replacement of water and sanitary sewer lines
- Increased capacity at the Eastwood Dam (located on Windrock)
- Street lights
Copyright 2014 KVIA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.