El Paso
93° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

Ashes spark shed fire in Northeast El Paso

By Staff Report
Published On: Dec 22 2012 12:32:26 PM CST
Updated On: Mar 25 2014 07:52:47 PM CDT
EL PASO, Texas -

2012 story:

El Paso Firefighters put out a shed fire at around 2 a.m. Saturday.

According to officials, the fire broke out on the 11100 block of Tierra Fria Place.

The fire broke out after a man had been barbequing Friday, and threw ashes in the trash, officials told an ABC-7 photographer.

Hours later, the ashes sparked the fire. It spread to a nearby shed containing electrical wiring.

No one was injured in the fire, which was caught before spreading to additional structures.

The shed was seriously damaged by the fire.

The Fire Department asks everyone properly dispose of ashes, and does not throw them in garbage bins.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus