Firefighter saves 7-foot snake from fire
Updated On: Apr 09 2014 03:42:52 PM CDT
A 7-foot-long boa constrictor is safe thanks to the efforts of one Michigan firefighter.
Firefighter Scott Hemmelsbach rescued the pet snake named Chocolate Chip from a house fire Sunday night, The Muskegon Chronicle reported.
Owner Bridget Brewer told the newspaper she almost ran back inside to save the pet she calls her "baby," but hesitated when she saw how quickly the fire was spreading.
Chocolate Chip, meanwhile, was trying to escape, but found itself "trapped" in its terrarium, Hemmelsbach said.
Having experience handling snakes, he carefully approached the reptile from behind its head and moved it to safety.
"I would do it for any creature," Hemmelsbach told the Chronicle.
Brewer, her husband and their pet dog all escaped without injury. Their home is likely a total loss.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.